Thursday 8 September 2011

Bali - August 2011 - Part 1: The Real Face of Bali

Last week I returned from vacationing in Seminyak, Bali. Bali has always been on my list of places to visit and I had no idea what to expect other than a tropical Indonesian island where Westerners played and the Balinese hosted. But what was presented was more intriguing than my initial preconceptions.

From the luxurious villas, upmarket restaurants, opulent bars and boutiques to the open sewers, broken roads and Balinese huts, Bali was full of extreme contrasts. 

By the end of my vacation I had a huge amount of admiration for the Balinese people who often had very little but who always presented the biggest smiles and the most welcoming of personalities.  Their attitude to life was refreshing to say the least...













  

2 comments:

  1. KM your photos are remarkable! You have such a good eye and you really have caught the true heart of Bali. PS the last photo I am sure is right where our villa was, just around that corner. Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work KM. Your portraits are really nice. Love the other stuff too. - Trav

    ReplyDelete